• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Rotation Quirk

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just gotten around to using the new screen rotation option in Illustrator and I really love it. It works perfectly with my Cintiq controls.  But, there is a quirk that is almost funny.  As we know a tool like the direct select tool dracts a rectangular selection around objects.  But, when the screen is rotated, the rectangular selection is also rotated!  I was making selections and the marquee was very faint so I wasn't seeing it very well against a gray background but I was missing the anchor points constantly. Finally I stopped and looked closely at the selection marquee and that's when I saw it.  The selection was marquee was on the same angle as the screen rotation.  So I'm completely missing the points I'm trying to select because the marquee is not crossing over them. By comparison, if I rotate the screen in Clip Studio Paint then draw a selection, the selection marquee is not rotated so it is doing what my brain expects.  If I then rotate the screen, the selection will rotate with the screen.  That makes perfect sense.  I just checked Photoshop and it has the same behavior as Illustrator.  I'd never noticed because my workflow doesn't involve a rectangular selection.  This is not a bug, but its definitely not how this should work because if you're drawing your rectangular selection the selection is not going where you're intending for it to go.

But, I love this rotation in Illustrator. Its smooth, and is bound to a key on my physical controller perfectly for fast, fluid work.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Kuttyjoe,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind checking this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/381...) to see if it is similar to your request and if yes, upvote and adding your comments to it? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Please update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines