Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the past several weeks I have randomly gotten an error that reads,
"The object "[script name]" is not currently available."

BryanPagenkopf_0-1674144393136.png

I am calling my scripts via a function key set up in my Actions Panel.  It just randomly happens and with different scripts.  Has anyone else had this issue or even better fixed this issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the location of your script(s) known to your action(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Met1I have them all saved here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023\Presets\en_US\Scripts
So they should be because I can call them up manually by going to File - Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update recently? OS or Illy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Met1 I have not updated windows.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, applied all updates for Illustrator but no luck in fixing the issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you didn't create the document in a way that the script works? For some scripts you need to select something. And then it might also be something very speific. Such as: are your objects grouped? Which might be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika Gause I had thought of that too... but that wasn't the case.  The scripts will give me the error then I hit the function key again and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines