Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script for generating Lables

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Labels Downloading Link - Labels-20211031T170529Z-001
  2. These labels consist of png and vectors.
  3.  As you can see each label consists of a Shipping Label & an Invoice. I want a script that takes 4 labels and generate a PDF of 2 pages on which 4 Shipping Labels get set on page 1 and 4 Invoices get set on page 2.
  4. Label order doesn't matter that much. But I will prefer to go row-wise. (like label 1,2 in row 1 & label 3,4 in row 2).

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

PS: I have posted the same question in Photoshop community, you can take reference from there as well. Link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-action-to-set-4-labels-on-a...

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you taken the advice given on the Photoshop group, and looked into third-party PDF imposition software? While it’s possible you’ll find someone willing to create you a layout script for free (BTW, InDesign is the appropriate tool, not PS/AI), if you have to pay for a bespoke solution then an off-the-shelf app will be cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have used the PDF Imposition software but It seems confusing as I am not used to it.

I figured out that first I should convert the whole PDF into Raster Image using Photoshop and rest can be done easily using photoshop alpha channels and script.

I need this label setup for printing only. I think above method would work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is not the appropriate tool for layout work. Use InDesign.

Make up a “template” document containing 2 pages, with 4 image frames on each. Position a label image in each frame to serve as a placeholder, cropping out the part of the image you don’t need.

Once you’ve prepared that template, if you want a simple script to relink those placeholder images to four real images and export the document to PDF, I’m sure the InDesign forum can help you with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines