Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Script to execute menu command that comes from plugin

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have a installed a plugin for Illustrator together with a software that I use. This plugin takes my design in Illustrator and sends it to this other software. I would like to be able to execute this functionality from a script. This is the menu command to be executed:

KarlFabian5F97_0-1634730506948.png

Excuse the fact that Illustrator is in Spanish. But all you need to know is that the first entry selected "CoCut Standard 2021" was installed via the plug-in. I therefore don't think that I can execute it using a normal app.executeMenuCommand().

I tried storing this into a recorded action to later execute app.doScript() in order to run the action via my script. But I ran into another weird issue which I believe is a bug. I posted about it under this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/problems-recording-an-action-that-executes-a-...

If anyone has any idea of how I might go about executing this specific menu command from a script would be awesome.

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?