• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting Community Hub - Share & Ressources

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After days of research, testing, and deep diving around scripting many different things for Illustrator,  I think I'm hooked!  it is not easy to code and I have to ask for help here but man, it's so powerful when incorporated into a workflow!

Thanks to the generosity and free-to-use mindset of many devs, I could find resources and packs of scripts directly from the coders themselves or awesome community posts here.

What would be the amount of interest to build a platform with a centralized list of scripts for Illustrator?
Besides some websites, which are often very old, I couldn’t find any kind of hub for scripting resources and lists

I'm thinking of going basic at first and just opening up a Google Drive with all  The Script I've gathered for now.

Also if people are into that I would love to collaborate and make this list grow if there are people willing to share resources and maybe do some kind of how-to and wiki basics.

If you happen to know some resources around scripting, feel free to share them here

-
www.instagram.com/mugen_labz/
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Max,

I love scripts, they can do things that take them minutes that would take me hours, so yes!

But I'm not a scripter, I would like to see some sort of tutorial - I've really been struggling to understand the syntax to build my own scripts - a long time ago I used to use a Mac and found appleScript very easy.

I bought Visual Blueprint for scripting in PS & AI (2003) a year or so ago from Thrift Books, the only book I could find that actually lead you step by step, went through the whole book, understood it, but still can't build my own scripts! Maybe just a failing in my old brain.

There's a lot of websites with very useful info but i still can't get my head around adding properties, values, methods and parameter types in a string to get a meaningful action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely agree with you, a platform to centralize all the scripts will be great... 

I am not a programmer but I like the great job some scripters do around to enhance the functionality of Illustrator, great idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines