• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts make Illustrator have tiny window

Valorous Hero ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason beginning with this past summer, my scripts have randomly made people's Adobe Illustrator's app window get shrunk down to basically only the app-frame and showing 1 pixel row, if only, of the document.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there any work-arounds?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disregard.. i can't read. my suggestion does nothing for your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that problem last week, but I don't remember exactly what script I was working on so I can't replicate, other than that one particular time my scripts have worked fine.

But your issue might be related to the ages old topic "open illustrator maximized" when double-clicking an illustrator file in file explorer...your issue is on Windows right?

if so, then the workaround is to open Illustrator with the window NOT maximized. Just resize your window manually as big as you want without actually maximizing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, come to think of it, maybe it does happen in scripts which open a file. I'll pay close attention and let it be known on here what I have found. What was the open illustrator maximized issue about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What was the open illustrator maximized issue about?

By @Silly-V

opening an ai file by double-clicking on it made your illustrator app to resize the way you're describing, but it only happened if your illustrator app was maximized (the way most people work with applications) before opening such file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the issue apply to all of your scripts?

And does it occur only on the Windows OS, as Carlos presumes?

If not, can you provide one of the scripts in question? Then I or someone else can test it on the Macintosh platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it happens on Mac, and it only sometimes happens on Windows. I only have it happen to myself now-and-then. But there was a time I was doing a lot of script running while making a script and this issue happened to me quite often. However that was some months ago, I have not had it occur to me lately even though I run scripts all the time. Maybe I actually blocked it out of my mind and it's still happening, I'll try to capture screenshots next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines