Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seahorse logo

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am new to Illustrator (front end web developer). I am looking to design a seahorse vector in Illustrator as part of a logo. Something simple. It's actually going to be the 'S' in the name Seacoast. Are there any tutorials that I can follow to do this? Suggestions?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best way to design is doing it yourself.  What I do is research the artwork first.  You can use keywords on the internet, but beware you will not be able to use any artwork found in a search without written permission.  However, you can draw your own version in pencil, then scan the pencil design and Place it in Illustrator on a template Layer. I then create a second Layer to draw on using the pencil and/or pen tools.  The most creative part is coming up with your pencil artwork.  You will be the owner of the copyright IF your logo and its artwork are truly your own.  Otherwise, you will be infringing on someone else's copyright if you copy.  Just something to be aware of as you proceed.  Some clip art sources "sell" licenses to use their artwork.  Even if you modify their artwork, it is still considered derivative artwork, so make sure you either buy a license or get permission when using clip art sources.  I mention this because you could use clip art as an assist in coming up with your design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines