• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeking recommendations for online Illustrator training

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ZERO experience with anything like illustrator. I need legit classes online that can really educate me from home start to finish. I'm a single stay at home mom who needs this to build a career. I have no time to waste and no clue where to go to get started. I do want to eventually be certified ACE to back up my portfolio and hopefully help legitimize me to potential clients. Help a motha' out! What is the best Adobe illustrator Courses online? Access to live training/tutoring is a plus. Thank you anyone who reads this! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some inforamtion:

Adobe Education 

Adobe Education exchange: https://edex.adobe.com/

General Assembly classes: one day. 

https://generalassemb.ly/education/introduction-to-adobe-illustrator-weekend-workshop

These classes changed by the month so you need to go online and find a date.

Also let me know where you are located my company is giving private classes on line if need. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chanamesser/

If you are interested in certification I teach it in different places and can send you information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I live in east tn. I'm interested in anything that can help propel me forward. I really appreciate you sharing this with me. 🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a site to find Adobe Certified Instructors:

https://learning.adobe.com/partner-finder.html?products=Illustrator&learningOptions=Customized&partn...

I set the filters to Illustrator in USA. You can change countries if necessary. You can filter it down to a state but most instructors work online now-a-days. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you,thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to build a career you would not only need Illutrator skills, but also know the trade itself that you want to work in. Is that fashion, graphic design, web/mobile design, infographics, packaging, branding?

All of them need (not just slightly) different skillsets and clients will also watch out for that. On top of that a lot of online trainings are focused around these fields of business and it makes a lot of sense to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im starting with surface pattern design. This is something I know I can do well and can filter into other opportunities I'm interested in later on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have anymore insight or advice I'd love to hear it. What do you do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a graphic designer and writing  books about Illustrator. In German.

If you are looking for something specific on surface pattern design, you could check out what kind of courses  @Laura Coyle.   or Robin Schneider (Adobe for Fashion) are offering. Both have a youtube channel, so you can check out if you like their teaching styles first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mason,

Another option: LinkedIn/Lynda is legitimately offering several of their professional Adobe courses at no charge and with no sign-up required.

Free LinkedIn Learning Courses on Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign

The class you'd be interested in is the well-regarded Adobe Illustrator Essential Training by "Design Ninja" Tony Harmer... It runs 5½ hours and should get you going in good shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines