Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select > Same > Appearance selects every path in document

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I know the "Select > Same > Appearance" feature and it is something that would save me a tremendous amount of time instead of selecting each object by hand.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to do it, it selects every path in my Illustrator document.

I also checked if my objects are the same appearance and turns out they in fact are (shown in the appearance pannel).

Help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

A collegue helped me with this one.

I thought that "Appearance" was same shape, same size. Turns out it's same colour, same stroke.

He then told me to use swatches and to check the "Global" button which will create a "new colour" that doesn't exist in the document yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A collegue helped me with this one.

I thought that "Appearance" was same shape, same size. Turns out it's same colour, same stroke.

He then told me to use swatches and to check the "Global" button which will create a "new colour" that doesn't exist in the document yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Appearance' in Illustrator means the attributes listed in the Appearance panel.

For objects of similar shape/size, try Global Edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines