• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Traced Text

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need some experts here.. I really need to know if it's possible to select traced text without using the pen tool. I had uploaded a sketch of boxing gloves with signatures on them - I vectorized the image and traced it so it looks good, but I need to change the color of the traced text. However, it's very hard to get a detailed selection because they are signatures. 

I know I can take the pen tool and create strokes around the text to change the color that way, but there are about 100 signatures so I'm wondering if there's an easier way. Thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Hanwalls,

If you have traced the image (with suitable settings) and expanded the trace, you ought to be able to work with the individual parts, maybe in one go. If all the signatures have the same colour you can select one, then use the Select dropdown and choose same fill colour to have all selected, then change the colour.

But it may be more complicated than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hanwalls,

If you have traced the image (with suitable settings) and expanded the trace, you ought to be able to work with the individual parts, maybe in one go. If all the signatures have the same colour you can select one, then use the Select dropdown and choose same fill colour to have all selected, then change the colour.

But it may be more complicated than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I just was forgetting to expand the trace. One more question, I need to change the color to gold but it's not giving me C, M, or Y options. Only K. How do I change it from grayscale to color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It lets me change the stroke color but not the fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hanwalls,

If you try what is described under Color Panel here, are there still issues?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/selecting-colors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines