• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tolerance doesn't seem to work in Windows

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My selection tolerance is set to 8 pixels on both my Windows desktop and my MacBook Pro. It seems to work fine on my Mac ie the mouse doesn't have to be super precisely on top of a path to select it, but in Windows I need to be pixel perfect to be able to do this

It's a massive problem and slows my workflow quite a lot. The selection pixel on the mouse pointer doesn't even seem to be positioned right on the tip, which makes it pretty much guesswork whenever I'm trying to select a path.

I've contacted Adobe on Twitter but as usual they've taken 3 days to write a few tweets to me that don't solve the problem or give me any sort of answer, and now they're not replying anymore.

Are there any solutions to this or is it just another bug to add to the long long list?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually ramped up the radius? Is your hardware acceleration working? What input device? What settings? What screen and graphics hardware? Sounds like you have alignment issues based on a misaligned system DPI vs UI scaling in AI or inadequate hardware acceleration causing some oddities.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ramped up the radius?

Hardware acceleration is working fine (RTX 2080 Ti), input with the mouse (although happens the same on my Windows laptop with a trackpad), UI scaling is pretty standard on a 4K screen (125% system, 2 within Illustrator), had the same problem for at least a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines