Sending script progress info back to CEP panel while script is running

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing a CEP panel from which a complicated, multi-step script can be launched. I've been toying with the idea of implementing a progress bar during the script runtime so that users can get an idea of how long they have to wait for the script to finish.

But I can't find a way to have Illustrator send any kind of message back to the panel without stopping the whole script.

The best I've come up with is calling the application.redraw() method periodically throughout the script so that users can see the document changing as the script runs.

There's also a method 'Application.sendScriptMessage()' in the documentation, but there's no examples of how it works.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to implement a progress bar for a script launched from a CEP panel?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember @Silly-V doing a progress bar last year.  Maybe it will be of benefit to you:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/introducing-a-progress-bar-to-end-all-progres... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines