Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sensitivity anchor point rotation

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting annoyed by the sensitivity of the anchor points of a small object (f.i. a rectangle) and I just want to change the form (width or height) and the action changes into rotation very quick.  I really have to aim very carefully to get the right action. Is there anything I can do about that (settins?).

Thanks for the help!

Marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Could you please share the step by steps workflow of the issue. I tried increasing height and width with the selection tool and it worked fine for me. Rotation tool gets activated only if you move the pointer outside the bounding box and near a bounding box handle.  Please create a new file and check if that helps. If it shows the same behavior on new file please share a small video of the issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, before switching to CC if I created a rectangle, even if it was small I could still see and grab with the Selection tool (black arrow) the side transformation anchors (the white squares "grabbies" that used to appear in the middle of the segment of the bounding box)

Now I must zoom aaaaall the way in to se these midpoint achor "grabbies" so I can drag the box bigger. If i stay zoomed out I only get the rotation arrows active or the diagonal increase arrows, NOT the side - to-side !

With a line it's even worse: before one could just grab the side white boxes and increase width, now I must switch to the white arrow (direct selection tool) and drag each anchor point to the side and the other side. So I cannot transfor the width of a LINE with the black arrow, madness.

Am i doing something wrong? Is there a hidden setting somewhere? This is CC behaviour, in CS6 it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RV999,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to please share a few details like:

• OS & version of Illustrator installed currently on your machine
  • System specification 
  • Please share a small screen recording of the issue. It would be really helpful for us to understand the issue you are facing, and we can assist you accordingly.

Also, have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new default has increased the sensatity to the points to a level that hinders simple work. The corners round when you attempt to move a simple object drawn in illustrator, so you have to zoom in super close so that you grab the center of the point when trying to move it. I'm highly adept in illustrator and I find this extremey frustrating. I don't know if there is a way to reduce the sensativty. If you do any regular work in illustrator this is an obvious annoyance. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines