• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set A Default Export DPI For All Exports

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to find a way to have the "Use Artboards" checked by default using the "Export As" but apparently it is always goin to be impossible. To get around this I attempted to create an action to streamline the process. The problem is this: The vast majority of my exports are at a DPI of 150. The action works just fine until I need to export something manually at a different DPI. After that, the action will continue to use the different DPI unless I manually export something else at my deisered default of 150.

Is there any way I can set at default DPI when using "Export As" that will always stick? Example: I export artboard-1 at 150 using my action. I then export artboard-2 manually at a different DPI. After that, I want the export settings to default back to 150 without having to change it manually. Please ask me if you need further clarification of what I am asking.

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator remembers the last setting.

So you can set up a couple of actions for different resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted that, but both actions just used the previously used DPI no matter what I created the action with. It really adds extra steps having it use the last used setting rather than a default I can set it to!

This wouldn't be an issue if I could set the "Use Artboards" to be checked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use save for Web or export as screens to lock in the artboard, but you will then need to change the dpi to 150. You could click on the ISO icon and get 144dpi.

MikeGondek_0-1667601149599.png

Sorry no way to lock in the DPI to 150.

Is thsi for web? Could  you posisbly use the .svg format, then you need not  worry about resolution, as is vector,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines