Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set default EPS options

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Is there a way to customize EPS options by default when saving to EPS (dialog box) ?

I need the same options every time, and I have to set it again and again...

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Hi Christophe ,

There is no way to customize the EPS feature . Its by default designed like this .

You have to make changes every time when ever you save the file as in EPS.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some settings will stick, and others won't. If you need the Version: field at the top to default to an earlier version, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Not directly related to repeatable settings, but It might be worth considering whether EPS is really your best format option. It's essentially obsolete; a terrible choice unless some legacy workflow specifically requires it, and there are very few of those cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophe ,

There is no way to customize the EPS feature . Its by default designed like this .

You have to make changes every time when ever you save the file as in EPS.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.

I print on mimaki JV33-160

For whatever reason I can't print .ai files...

Which file format would you consider to replace EPS ?

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Molosev wrote:

Which file format would you consider to replace EPS?

AI is the best choice, but if that's out, PDF with "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" enabled.

(This writes a file with both AI and PDF components; so PDF-compatible applications will use the PDF portion, and for re-opening to edit, Illustrator will read the AI piece. When saving a copy 'for delivery' [not for editing] you can disable 'Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities' for tighter security and file-size economy.)

And, you can set and save presets for PDF using the button at top-right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try PDF. Thank you very much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it must be a specific EPS, try to create an Action with you settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to change custom transparency option and it wont be possible with action. i want to change the bydefault setting is there any option i can change illustrator installation file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rule of thumb

1. if all vector art and "flat" colors i.e. solid fills, eps is ok. Fonts and Strokes should be converted also.

2. if a combo of vector and raster and/or gradient fills - PDF with fonts converted is a must.

Sure makes more people happy this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late to the party but for anyone else who finds this save a local file with the correct settings then use that whenever you start a new file. The EPS dialogue options remain consistant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

that is helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines