• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape outline colors differ even though stroke settings are the same

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two issues with my design and I am wondering if they are related. I am wanting to laser cut this design, but my red cut lines did not show up when I went to print it.

Since then, I went to add new shape outlines (with the rectangle tool), and their red outline appeared darker, even though it is the same RGB red and the same line thickness and opacity as I used for the shapes I drew with the pen tool. How do I make all the outlines the same dark red as the rectangles, when both appear to have the same stroke settings? Would changing this help me print it?

I'd love to provide the file, but I keep getting the error message, "the content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension".

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to share a screenshot or something similar - or you can put your file on dropbox/drive or another cloud sharing option and share the link here.

Sounds like the cut line is set to overprint - which would be normal - which is why the but line appears darker as it's printing over the colour it's on top of - combining both values of the colour.

This would be a correct setup. 

It's difficult to really know without seeing it though 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to add new shape outlines (with the rectangle tool), and their red outline appeared darker, even though it is the same RGB red and the same line thickness and opacity as I used for the shapes I drew with the pen tool.

By @Sara26911324na6h

The strokes are the same colour. One of the rectangles has its stroke applied to the inside, which appears to change the way it is rendered at some zoom settings (on my monitor at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines