Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes AND Pathfinder issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to help me.  v25.3.1

Shapes issue: I create a regular rectangle (being sure that Rounded Rectangle is not the sselected tool) yet corners are rounded. Also, the stroke does not go away or change color even if I change those settings.

Pathfinder issue: If I create a circle and a rectangle and try and  use Minus Front, it alters the shape of the remaining semicircle and the side handles move but do nothing to the actual shape.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if you have something going on at the layers level that is somehow causing this. Can you post an image of your layers panel with it expanded please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and also the Appearance panel (with one of the shapes selected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

I have checked all my settings and nothing has changed. The file I have been working on has many, many layers so itried closing it and creating a new file. Same problem.

I am also experiencing another level of curiosity. If I click anywhere on the artboard with the selction tool, my entire canvas goes blank. The Navigator and layers still show that there is artwork but it is gone from the screen.  Clicking the meatball on several different layers, after a time, causes the artwork and artboard to reappear but as soon as I click again with the selection tool, it all disappears again.

It's worth noting that a few days ago we had a massive lighting storm and there was a strike right outside my window. Lights went off momentarily as did my computer. Things were fine for a few days, but now am having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty amused that you mentioned a storm that may have changed the entire game.

Apart from that, can you perhaps share at least one sample Illustrator file including some instructions that may explain the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see attached screen capture  showing the screen going blank.  Notice that the layers panel still shows the art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video, Laura.

Based on it, I'm sorry to tell you that I have no idea what's going wrong there.

Hopefully some other participants may know and cure the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Screen going blank issues are worse however pathfinder and shapes seems to have resolved itself. Oi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines