• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes Expanded

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, please tell me someone can help. I am a product developer and create a bunch of patterns myself on illustrator. Every now and then I'll create a pattern and after I save it, I then drag that swatch onto my artboard to then go into the layers, to then add the background color. However, everytime I try to drag and drop the swatch to the artboard, a message pops up and says  "shapes expanded" and it won't open at all. I try and see if I can redo the whole thing from scratch and the same thing keeps happening. I've also tried other swatches and they work perfectly fine, but when I try to drag mine out, I get that message. Please, anyone help  haha google and youtube doesn't have anything on this. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add a background color for an object filled with a pattern, you could use the Appearance panel and add another fill below the pattern fill.

Or you could double click the pattern swatch and use the Pattern maker to add a fill below the pattern.

But that is not your problem.

Can you share a file with the pattern that causes the problem?

CC file sharing, DropBox, WeTransfer, Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines