• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I always save as PDF x-3 2002?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In school I was instructed to always use PDF x-3 2002 when printing a poster (I think so that we be compatible with the school plotter). Does that setting ensure colors stay the same when printed/best printing quality?

I am having a hard time getting rid of those thin white lines that show up on Adobe PDFs sometimes and it looks like if I save my file with a different PDF format I can get rid of those lines. But I want it to print well with accurate colors, is PDF x-3 2002 the best? Or can I use the "high printing quality" option with good results as well?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always ask the print service provider what works best with their environment.

The white lines are caused by transparency flattening that happens when saving to PDF/X-1 and X-3 and certain display options in Acrobat respectively options in the RIPs used for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF x-3 2002 is pretty outdated. It may have been recommnded "in the day" for a specific print situation, but there hasn't been a printer that couldn't handle the newer standards (pdf 1.5 and up) for many years now. The current best approach is to export PDF X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't send a printer an X-4 without prior asking them if they have an APPE and have it set up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines