Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Significant Color Profile Issue in Illustrator v28 with EPS Output

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm facing a frustratuing issue with Adobe Illustrator version 28 (present in the past couple of updates as well) where color profiles are not being preserved when saving as EPS files from a multi-artboard/page AI working file. My process is as follows:

1. File > Save As > Save on Your Computer
  2. Choose Format: Illustrator EPS (Use Artboards checked)
  3. EPS Options:
    • Version: Illustrator 2020 EPS
    • Preview Format: TIFF (8-bit Color) with Transparency
    • Transparency: Overprints: Preserve
    • Preset: High Resolution
    • Options: Embed Fonts, Include Linked Files, Document Thumbnails, CMYK PostScript in RGB Files, Use Printer's Default Screen
    • Adobe PostScript: Language Level 2

The color profile "Working CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" is correctly assigned in the AI file. However, upon saving, all EPS files revert to "Don't Color Manage This Document," ignoring the assigned profile.

I've tried every combination of settings to resolve this, but the issue persists. This is a departure from previous Illustrator versions, where the assigned color profile was retained across all EPS files generated.

Has anyone else experienced this with Illustrator v28 (or recent versions), or does anyone have a workaround? This problem is significantly disrupting my workflow, and I'd greatly appreciate any advice or solutions.

If I save as a single artboard/page EPS, (without the "Use Artboards" box checked) the profile IS retained in the resulting EPS output file.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot save ICC color profiles in an EPS. If you want a color profile, use PDF or AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I save as a single artboard/page EPS, (without the "Use Artboards" box checked) the profile IS retained in the resulting EPS output file.

By @BGC_JF

Are you checking this in Illustrator, or some other software? In Illustrator, the AI side of the file will open, so you'll see the profile assigned to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additionally, EPS doesn't support any of the transparency effects that can be applied to vector artwork elements in Illustrator. PDF does support transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines