• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple and straightforward: illustrator cannot be closed.

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, Illustrator cannot be closed. For real. I stay with the whitened screen, waiting forever. Please don't ask me for the latest version(s), since a long time I have no option to -not- upgrade Windows and Adobe (Help is transformed in a search something). Also, please don't offer any kind of dumb software reset.

There is a thing: the software has gone mad, due to a reason, it cannot be closed, only from the task manager, by terminating the app. I'm not a beginner, I report such unusual behaviors only if I can't find no other resaons behind....

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We run legacy software at our own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that. Could you please confirm the Illustrator & Windows version?

Also, you may try the correct suggestion on this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-2022-26-0-1-crashes-on-exit-every...) and let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, your answer got me to the solution. Slightly outdated, but it still works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is pretty simple...

No, it's NOT. Guess, what?

I have to visit the Adobe site, find the burried "Privacy" menu point and TURN OFF the "Share information on how I use Adobe desktop apps." option, turned on by default.

Well, if I would be a mind-reader, I would buy play with crypto investments, not with Adobe apps... I watched an outdated video (the menu points on the Adobe site are not the same anymore), to learn that a remote switch is crashing Illustrator when it exits. How can an average user figure out, a remote switch does make Illustrator to exit as expected???

See the attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How can an average user figure out" - but you did, and thanks for posting to the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines