• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simple isometric shape not rendering correctly

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a simple isometric square box that is rather large (the illustration is for a wall and the rectangle box before 3D extrusion would be about 80"x50"). However, when I try to make it this size it doesn't work and ends up looking like the attached. Anyone know why or how to fix? Why is it missing its center and why is it shaped like that, when the original shape is a simple rectangle? It works fine if the shape is much smaller.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simply use a rectangle it will convert automatically when you apply 3d extrusion...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator's 3D effect seems to have a z-axis boundary or picture plane of some sort and anything that extends beyond it (i.e. too far towards the viewer) is not rendered. You can see it on much smaller objects if you use a large perspective value.

I don't know if there's a way around it. The new 3D panel doesn't seem to have this, but also might not work for your needs for other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines