• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simple things

Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all , my question is that is there any way of just copy paste or duplicate  in place  just single command , its very annoying while you drawing linework , first you do ctrl + C and then Ctrl + F to paste , another thing line weight or stroke there is no short key to increase decrease fastly line weight . adobe illustrator has been from 35 years in the market , but these simple things is missing in the software , i dont know who will complete these little things , i think i have to learn programming to make like this software better then this....

Thanks All..

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create an action for Copy and Paste in Front and then assing a shortcut to the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the menu Object --> Transform --> Move (x=0; y=0; Copy) once.

Afterwards, [Ctrl/Strg] + [D] always does the same as [Ctrl/Strg] + [C] and [Ctrl/Strg] + [F]

(at least until the Transform command is called and executed again with other values)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea there is many solutions like these in zic zac manner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a feature request, please do so at https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yea there is many solutions like these in zic zac manner

By @rehana36276218

We are just normal users like you. And we try to help other users here in the forum when problems occur.

Unfortunately, English is not my mother tongue. So I can't really tell if your answer was meant ironically.

Question:
Do our suggestions help you? After all, you can achieve exactly what you wanted with both suggestions: Duplicating the selected element in the same place with only one shortcut.

If you have suggestions for improvement, you can use @Monika Gause's uservoice link. There are also Adobe staff members there who check the suggestions.

----------------------

A completely different approach would be to review the workflow. Every programme works differently and has its strengths and weaknesses.

I know of very few projects where you need duplicates in the same positions. For example, you can draw all the objects you need once on one layer. Then the whole layer is duplicated only once.

An example where you might need (but don't really need) "duplicate" elements is street plans. There are much better ways to do this in Illustrator than duplicating the individual lines. Distribute the lines on different layers depending on the type of road and then give the layers the necessary properties via the appearance panel (via different multiple fill and/or outline colours). @Monika Gause has at least one good example of this design on her website. Ingeniously simple and above all easy to edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines