Exit

Skriptfehler beim Start von Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

beim Staten von Illsutrator habe ich jedesmal die gleiche Fehlermeldung:

"Fehler in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Adobe Photoshop\photoshop.jsx

Zeile 1:

I/O-Fehler"

Die gleiche Fehlermeldung hatte ich vorher auch, nur dass statt Photoshop InDesign auftauchte. Das habe ich dann deinstalliert, woraufhin der Fehler mit Photoshop auftauchte.

Außerdem stürzt mein Illustrator regelmäßig ab; das gängige Troubleshooting habe ich durch, auch Neuinstallation nach vorheriger Löschung über Creative Cloud (bin mir allerdings nicht sicher, ob das Löschen dort das Programm tatsächlich ganz entfernt).

Ich weiß nicht, ob die Fehlermeldung mit den Abstürzen zusammenhängt. Ich kann den Fehler einfach ignorieren und weiterarbeiten, aber irgendwann (meist beim Speichern) stürzt Illustrator einfach ab.

Besten Gruß und Danke schonmal,

Per

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hat niemand eine Idee, wie ich das Problem lösen kann?

Ich arbeite beruflich mit Illustrator und das Programm stürzt fünfmal täglich ab; die wiederhergestellten Dateien sind ein Scherz und einen direkten Support von Adobe bekomme ich auch nicht, es wird immer auf das tolle Forum verwiesen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kein Adobe-Support heißt: es ist eine ältere Version?

Um die aktuelle Version müssten die sich kümmern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that seems to be a different issue with other symptoms as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try moving the offending script file out of that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it then showed the same error with "photoshop_contact_sheet_ii.jsx" instead. When I deleted that as well, it showed the same error with "photoshop_v2022.jsx". When I deleted that, the error was in a different directory, now for illsutrator. Am I just gonna delete every script file in every adobe directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update?

If so, I'd try a prefs reset, and if that doesn't work do an uninstall using the cleaner tool*, then reinstall.

And if that doesn't work your gonna have to contact Adobe and get them to remote into your computer and sort out the directory permissions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did a clean reinstall of everything related to Adobe with the help of the CC Cleaner Tool. It didn't help with the error message that pops up when starting Illustrator but Illustrator stopped crashing randomly, so I decided to ignore the error and keep o working.

Now it starts crashing again, mostly when I try to save my progress.

How do I contact Adobe? Whenever I try to find a phone umber or similar, I end up in the Support Community, it seems like Adobe tries everything to not have me call them.

I do use the CC Version.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact them via the chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
That way they can also login to your system. Be careful of random people sending you requests for Teamviewer via the forum's private messaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the efford, btw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterp92818256,

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul!

Unfortunately it isn't resolved yet; I am just quite busy and learned to live with the error somehow. Now I am finally finding time to answer you, hoping that we can solve the problem 🙂

I am running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, build 19043 (10.0.19043). Illustrator version is 26.2.1 and there is one update waiting to be run.

I don't remember exactly when it startet happening, must have been some weeks before I first posted my problem here, so some day in January I guess. I can't recall having changed anything around that time. I only run Microsoft Defender as AV, keep the OS automatically updated; I don't use any PlugIns or web extensions in Illustrator.

The error message pops up when launching Illustrator, when I click "OK" I can just go on and work as usual. I first thought that the crashing happened randomly but I am to realize that Illustrator only crashes when I am trying to save my work. I get a "unfortunately illustrator has stopped working"-sort-of-kind message (provided by adobe, not windows), then I click OK and the program shuts down. Seems to appear mostly with somewhat larger files, although I am not handling massive contents.

I will try to provide you with the folder.

Thanks for your support!

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the folder @peterp92818256. I am afraid we are unable to download it due to restrictions.

Multiple users have reported the same, but in their case, deleting the Startup Script CC folder resolved the issue.

Also, we are unable to replicate the issue at our end with the folders shared by those users. So, would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us? If yes, please send me your Adobe ID, Country & Timezone, phone number with country code, preferred day and time for a call over a private message.

To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Dirk,

da habe ich mich sehr vage ausgedrückt, das gängige Troubleshooting bezog sich auf die Anleitungen, die von Adobe als Reaktion auf Abstürze angeboten werden; der Hardware Test zählte nicht dazu (oer ich habs nicht gesehen). Ich habe den jetzt durchlaufen lassen und es wurden keine Fehler in der RAM gefunden.

Vielen Dank und beste Grüße

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Per,

I/O Fehler könnte auch andere Hardware sein, etwa eine unpässliche SSD oder Festplatte. Welche Tests man dafür nutzt müsstest Du selber recherchieren.

Andere Ideen:

Wenn die Mac Version von Illustrator von der Befehlszeile gestartet wird, gibt sie Meldungen im Konsole-Fenster aus. Vermutlich ist das bei Windows ähnlich. Einfach mal probieren - also cmd Fenster und dann die .exe aufrufen.

Zusätzlich findet sich vielleicht auch ein Hinweis in der Windows Ereignisanzeige (Event Viewer). Manche dieser Ereignisse lassen sich auch erst über erweitertes "auditing", in den Sicherheitsrichtlinien konfiguriert, beobachten. Das könnte aber auch von der Windows Version abhängen, etwa nur beim Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines