Slow performance after updating Illustrator to version 26.0 (2022)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated illustrator 25.4.1 to illustrator 26 this morning. What a massive sh*tty update: you basicaly can't do thing, every action trigger the apple color wheel for ten seconds. So I rolled back to the previous version that worked fine before that and... same. Color wheel, color wheel, color wheel everywhere. So adobe, I hope that one day I could leave your environment.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have updatetd to the current MacOs. That did the magic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I updated too and I don't have any issue. Please try resetting the preferences, that could be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page.  Also, please confirm which operating system is this? 

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did what you suggested, unfortunately it doesn't work. Please test your apps before releasing updates. You're just wasting everyone time and money by releasing "updates" with stuff that nobody care.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me is Windows version, i try made a clean install of Windows then clean install of adobe illustrator 2022

its terrible work process, every movement of object i have to wait about 5-10 second to move

really sh*tty slow performace

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it's so frustrating and I use illustrator every day for work. it takes SO long to do a simple action and is making me look very unprofessional to my clients.

May be time to switch to different software...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presenting a lot of issues as well. The program crashes all the time, closes unexpectedly, and is not even letting me open it for the last two days! I have an excellent computer, so I'm blaming this new version. I NEED HELP ASAP; I have deadlines!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al updates installed... Nothing helps. Weirdly, outline mode is the slowest! How is this even possible?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. In addition to @marliton & @Srishti Bali suggestions, you may try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Firstly, close all the software or services running in the background or run the app in Safe Mode (MacWindows
    • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
      MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
      MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
      MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had same problem--tried the suggestions from Adobe and none worked. Re-installed Ai 25.4.2 and works fine. The update clearly wasn't tested properly before release.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines