• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance while saving the files and Few fonts are showing missing in Illustrator on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 2019 on my work computer and I'm running into a few problems. The computer is only a few months old and is a windows 10 and all other adobe products work fine.

The first problem I'm having in illustrator is when I save any of my files (new or old) it immediately goes into "not responding." It will eventually save after not responding for a few minutes but sometimes it will just crash the whole program. When it does this it will crash several times before opening back up again.

The second problem is with my fonts. Some fonts are missing completely and then other fonts are just missing certain weights. For example Myriad Pro which should have several weights only shows about 4 weights. I've used this font for a while and in the same day several fonts went missing along with several weights. I've tried restarting the program, restarting the computer, and deactivating and reactivating each of the fonts.

Any help is appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the not responding:

-where do you save? Does it work on the harddisk and not in a synched folder

- is a printer connected? If not, connect one and set it up. If you don't have one, set up the Windows PDF printer.

As for the fonts:

- they are installed on the computer?

- do you use a font manager? If so: which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that Illustrator is slow while saving files and sometimes crashes as well. That's definitely shouldn't be happening. I would request if you can share these details along with the ones asked by Monika:

• Version of Illustrator
  • Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Is the issue specific to any particular file or it's happening with the new files as well?

For Font issue, please share the following details:

• What kind of fonts are these (System fonts, Adobe fonts, etc)?
  • Create a new file and check if you can use those fonts there.
  • Deactivate all font management utilities, such as Extensis Suitcase Fusion, Insider FontAgent Pro, or Linotype FontExplorer X and check if that helps.
  • Check if you can use these fonts in Illustrator on a different user account?
  • If nothing helps, remove the fonts and try to reinstall from scratch if you have source files. Install the fonts from your source by right-clicking on the font file and selecting Install for All Users (this puts a copy in C:\Windows\fonts). Do Not use the Install option, a new feature of a recent Windows 10 versions which only makes the font visible to the user installing the font.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the version I'm using for illustrator is 2019. I've tried saving on the computer's drive and on a shared memory drive and get the same result for both new and older files. Illustrator is connected to a laser jet printer and I'm not sure if the fonts are installed on the computer or not they are all adobe fonts that I "activated" through illustrator, and even when I have them "activated" they'll show how many weights the font should have but when I select it those weight options are not there. All I have to use is the one user account so I will not be able to try that. I have tested the fonts on new files and deactivating then reactivating them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your Patience. For slow performance while saving the file, please follow these steps and let us know if that helps:

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

For font issue, please share a few screenshots of the error message. You can also try the steps shared here: Troubleshoot font activation problems in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever resolve this and was it your printer settings or default printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines