• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object or Smart Filter in Illustrator? Third Party add-ons?

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, there are smart filters and smart objects that let you reedit an object or filter adjustment by modifying any or all of the original settings for that task. 

I asked this question earlier, and the response was there is nothing like it in Illustrator.

So, the question in this post is whether there is a thrid party add-on to do this task?

Thanks in advance,

M. Jackson

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the task?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I enter a .2 offset path and don't like it now or in the future, I'd like to be able to double click on the outline and see the .2 entry and make it .15, for example. That could be the same for tasks like using the shear command. I know I can undo any adjustment but that has to be done right away. A smart filter or smart object in Photoshop can be reedited now, or years from now. The smart filter comes back up with all of the original adjustments and I can adjust any slider or amount. Once applied, the smart filter/ smart object remembers the current adjustments. It is not linear, as in the undos or history. 

MJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what you can do with appearances. Also works with more than one anchor point:

https://www.behance.net/live/videos/14071/Single-Anchor-Point-Design-with-Monika-Gause-and-Rufus-Deu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines