• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap to pixel and perfect pixels are not working.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first time posting. 

I've been creating pixel art artworks for a project, and all of the sudden the pixel perfect and snap to pixel features stopped working. I made sure all those features where correctly selected, and illustrator shows me a message implying those are activated. I already did so much pixel artwork on illustrator and I swear it all worked fine, haven't touched anything or changed everything, the only thing I did is that I rasterized a big piece of the main artwork bc so many sqares drawn were causing the program to run slowly. The next thing I knew is that perfect pixel now does not work. 

On the properties window, once you move perfect sqare of 4px by 4px it suddenly changes to 4,0002px, and the position is also really bad, this affects the result of the rasterized piece.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-19 141242.png

As you can see here, the rasterization goes wrong. The original piece looks good and has no reason to be the wrong size and end up that way once you rasterize it, I made sure tthat each of the individual squares of the original piece are pixel perfect and the position is also perfect, but once you group them, suddenly the size is 64px by 64,0001px, and the rasterization turns that into a bad result.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-19 143110.png

What is going on? How can i fix this?

Thank you all in advance.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elisenda_PS,

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you're encountering an issue with the snap to pixel and perfect pixels features in Illustrator while working on your pixel art project.

Before enabling snap to pixel and perfect pixels, ensure that the X and Y values in the Transform panel don't have decimal points. If they do, manually adjust the values to round numbers. Sometimes, even a small decimal value can cause objects to rasterize incorrectly.

Additionally, ensure that the pixel values in the Transform panel are whole numbers. If you're working with objects that are meant to be pixel-perfect, any decimal values in the dimensions can lead to unexpected results upon rasterization.

Once you've adjusted the values to ensure they're whole numbers, try enabling snap to pixel and perfect pixels again and see if the issue persists. This should help ensure that your pixel art maintains its integrity during rasterization.

If you continue to experience issues, please feel free to provide more details, and we'll do our best to assist you further.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul_Saini,

Thanks for your quick answer. 

I created the document in pixels from the beggining, the workspace is in pixels, and pixel perfect and snap to pixel are enabled from the beggining. I create a square using the square tool, making it 4px by 4px. Once it's created, it's on a whole number position, and with whole number measures. I duplicate it using ctrl+click drag, and since perfect pixels is enabled, if I change the size of the square by dragging it, it should snap to a whole number, but it does not. For the piece with different squares, even when i checked each one of the squares that make up the element, they all have whole numbers, all of them, but when selected all together the size is wrong, a 0,0001px appears out of nowhere.
I would not have minded this bug if it only was noticeable in the properties panel, but it affects the illustration. 
So I am sorry to inform you that your answer has not helped with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Elisenda_PS, thank you for providing more details. Since the issue persists despite ensuring whole numbers and enabling snap-to-pixel and perfect pixels from the beginning, it seems there might be a deeper issue at play.

Please try resetting preferences and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then in that case, I recommend reaching out to Technical Support for further assistance. They can investigate the issue more thoroughly to find a solution.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Elisenda_PS 

Just to be sure - have you checked the advanced options?

align_to_pixel_grid.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines