• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snapping issue – pen tool keeps snapping to objects

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, don't know if anyone else has had the same issues with the pen tool, but for me it keeps snapping to other objects that may be near it, this is with all the Snap and Smart Guides options deselected so can't for the life of me can't think what is causing it. If I zoom in quite a bit it becomes less of an issue so maybe a tolerance thing?

Similarly if I try and add a point to an existing object it seems to prefer adding points to objects stacked below the top object I'm trying to select.

Any ideas anyone?

Matt

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to restart your machine?

And if that fails, reset the Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sussed it after looking through some previous questions! There's an option in 'Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display' called 'Highlight anchors on mouse over'. Rather than just visually highlight this actually snaps to the anchor even when all other snapping options are turned off. Anyway, sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines