Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SolidWorks 3D Font won't convert Ariel to Illustrator Ariel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for the past few months, I was able to convert PDF Solidworks 3D files Ariel font directly into Adobe Illustrator Ariel Font with no issues using the font replace dialog box. Now for some reason when I import PDF files from  SolidWorks 3D, it will not convert the font, Ariel, by replacing the font dialog window in Illustrator no matter how many times I click it or match the document fonts. (See Attached) I really need this to work again because it affects my production of drawings. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks ~mfortney

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

You need to scroll down further in the list. DO NOT select the ones with the alert as those are the fonts you are trying to replace.

ReplaceSystemFont.jpg

Assuming it's installed correctly in your system (nothing to do with Illustrator) Arial lists in an odd order. Arial Black will appear first followed by Arial Bold Italic, etc, etc. You might even have a bunch of Arial Hebrew in the list before Arial (Regular) appears.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.08.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to pull down the menu "Replace with Fonts From" to "System" instead of "Document"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Brad, 

I attempted this and switched to system fonts as you recommended. Unfortunately, I could not get Illustrator to replace the fonts after clicking. Possibly some updates could be causing this to happen, I would assume. *See Attached. For these PDF SolidWorks 3D drawings, I imported them into Illustrator for print reproduction; I opened them in Acrobat Pro under Print Production>Prefilght>PDF Fixups> Convert fonts to outlines.*see attached. This technique at least gives me consistent font-weight in the rendered drawing and a successful conversion workaround. I think from now on; I will do this instead of trying to convert the fonts in Illustrator. Thanks.

~mmfortney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to scroll down further in the list. DO NOT select the ones with the alert as those are the fonts you are trying to replace.

ReplaceSystemFont.jpg

Assuming it's installed correctly in your system (nothing to do with Illustrator) Arial lists in an odd order. Arial Black will appear first followed by Arial Bold Italic, etc, etc. You might even have a bunch of Arial Hebrew in the list before Arial (Regular) appears.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.08.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that did it! The fonts were down a little more on the list. Thanks for that tip. Now I know better. Thanks fontSolution.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines