• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some keystrokes (like ctrl+z) don't work while tools are open at the top

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have an object selected, and I'm using the tools available at the top of the toolbar, the ctrl+z specifically doesn't work. It seems to be disabled. It's tedious to have to exit out of the menu, and then get back into it.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Hi @JanelFavero,

Sorry for the delayed response. I investigated with the team, and this is an expected scenario on Mac. In case any floating panels are open, Cmd+Z will not work unless the floating panel is closed.

On small windows, you will have Align option in the floating panel.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 4.04.21 PM.png

However, if you have a high-resolution monitor which is not scaled on macOS, you will get full Align options on the control bar. In this layout, you will be able to cmd+z and use the Align options simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JanelFavero,

have you tried to reset your preferences? I’ll leave you a link where you can follow the steps: Reset preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<p>Well, all that did was make my layers box way too large and now I have no way to adjust the length when it's a floating panel. Lending to "Anytime I had a problem, and I threw a Molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem." - Jason Mendoza, The Good Place."</p>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JanelFavero,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am able to replicate this behaviour on my end. It seems like expected behaviour as I am able to replicate this on the older versions of Ai CC 2021, 2020 & 2019.

Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of OS & Illustrator
  • Have you recently updated your OS or Illustrator?
  • Was this happening earlier, or have you just discovered this behaviour change in Illustrator?

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure when I noticed it, but it does operate differently at my work "office" mac and my "home office" mac. The work office is where I'm having issues, not sure when it started since I'm only here a few days a week. For the one I'm experiencing this issue: I'm on MacOS Monterey V 12.6, and Illustrator is AI CC 26.5, which creative cloud tells me is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @JanelFavero,

Sorry for the delayed response. I investigated with the team, and this is an expected scenario on Mac. In case any floating panels are open, Cmd+Z will not work unless the floating panel is closed.

On small windows, you will have Align option in the floating panel.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 4.04.21 PM.png

However, if you have a high-resolution monitor which is not scaled on macOS, you will get full Align options on the control bar. In this layout, you will be able to cmd+z and use the Align options simultaneously.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 4.07.02 PM.png

Also, this is not related to any specific macOS or Illustrator version. This behavior has been here since the beginning.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell from your video exactly when you are using the key command CTRL Z. What happens if you pull down Edit >> Undo, or is that greyed out.

are you set to:

Edit Keyboard Shortcuts >> Default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines