• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sporadic file saves using CTRL+S

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has been crashing constantly the last week or so, but today it was allowing me to work without crashing (so far 🤞🏼 ). However, after allowing me to save intermittently, it suddenly stopped saving my work using CTRL+S. After numerous changes in the document, "Save" is greyed-out (not available in the file menu), and I was forced to "Save-As" and overwrite the same file. My version is current, and file being saved is on a local HDD.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... v27.2 just appeared in CC Desktop, so I'm hoping this bug got 'zapped' 🤞🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MichaelPEyeMa,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope updating Illustrator to the latest version helped resolve your trouble with saving files in Illustrator. If not, kindly share some more information, like whether Illustrator also behaves this way with other files, the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, and whether running Illustrator under a different administrator account (macOS / Windows) helps resolve the problem so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having same issues.. I haven't seen it crash this much since 20 years ago...
Creating organized Layers, on artboards, and when trasfering, it crashes. Or copying, it crashes. Copying items from one artboard to another via duplication. Using what I think is best practice.  Data graphs with text atop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and which system is it?

Did you install anything?

Is it just one file? Or all files? even new ones?

Is it the same issue as discussed in this thread? Issues with saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @magic_hat,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and the info asked by Monika. While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines