• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star tool missing from Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm working on a PC and it won't give me the option to draw a star tool.  The only tools I can access seems to be the rectangle tool and the elipse tool.  I have tried clicking on the three dots at the bottom of the tool bar and the rest of tool menu comes up but no other shapes are highlighted or have a letter by them so I can't select them. Can anyone help? Be very grateful. Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Please select Advance toolbar from  Window > Toolbars > Advance and let us know if that shows all the tools.

toolbar.png

If that doesn't help, try resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Please select Advance toolbar from  Window > Toolbars > Advance and let us know if that shows all the tools.

toolbar.png

If that doesn't help, try resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance, we'd be hapy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, 

I've had the same issue and have tried your solutions but it's still not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show us a screenshot of your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No never mind I already found a solution 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then whats the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aidan Scott - SquiDev  schrieb:

then whats the solution?

Window > Tools > Advanced.

If that is not working for you, please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thanks
Aidan .R.D. Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the solution? I can't get my star tool to come back at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI 2023 on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you open the hidden tools behind the rectangle, then all are there, but not the star?

Window > Toolbars > Advanced does not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything but the Star tool is listed. I also went under the window drop down menu and advanced is already selected. Still nothing. I went through and reset all of my AI prefereces, as mentioned in a previous comment, still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i just tried changing my toolbar setting again (Window>Toolbars>Basic) and that brought the star tool back, but I lose the flare tool. When I do Window>Toolbars>Advanced I lose the star tool and regain the flare tool. Kind of annoying, but I guess I will have to make this my new normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried resetting the preferences? THis will erase yll your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the reset yesterday. Still tearing my hair out as to why I can only get the star tool with the basic toolbar and not the advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then maybe you need to reinstall.

Could you perhaps show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try clicking and holding for about 1 second on the rectangle icon until a window pops out with all of the other shapes.   Then click the arrow all the way on the right side of that pop out to make your shapes a floating window.Screenshot (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines