Exit

Startup Script Error Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chyba při spuštění.jpg

Problem with Adobe Illustrator. 

For about a month now, Illustrator has been reporting an error, which can be seen in the image. Furthermore, when saving some data, Illustrator crashes and it is not possible to save the data in it.

I can't save colors to the library as before. The library does not record the color at all. We tried to uninstall the whole program and reinstall it, the problem still persists. Using an older version also didn't help. Please advise how to solve this. Since I use the program to work and I need to work with it as quickly as possible this error bothers me a lot.

Please do not refer me to other discussions, I did not find my problem in them. Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi  @antonaair _

We are sorry for the trouble. It seems you have not deleted the folder but deleting the scripts one by one. Would you mind deleting the "Startup Scripts CC" folders from both the following locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Let me know how it goes afterward.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to move this file from this location to another location and try.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the file and it did not fix anything, I am still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultfh37suu9ne3w,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator you have installed in which you faced this issue.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue with no found solution as of now. SO frustrating, as I need it for work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lane5FEB,

We are sorry for the trouble. Currently, the product team is investigating this issue. Also, we had a debug session with a couple of users, and deleting the Startup Scripts CC folder or moving them to Desktop worked for them 100%.

Please move the "Startup Scripts CC" folder to the Desktop or delete it from the following locations:

Let me know if it works for you.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am getting the exact same error and its frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try what @Anshul_Saini suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but still no nothing, it keeps closing and showing the same error
Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That particular script is used by Adobe Bridge to Trace images, try removing or renaming these two files to see if it helps. Do the same in both folders Program Files and Program Files (x86)

automationError.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no response 😞 

antonaair_0-1674577966631.pngantonaair_1-1674578006129.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried uninstalling Illustrator, the whole creative cloud desktop app, even checked if my windows defender or firewall was blocking it, even updated all apps. I really need the programs for work, and it only occurs with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al apretar enter, se cierra por completo el programa. 

antonaair_1-1674582486185.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so we made a little progress, you're not getting the IllustratorAutomation error (since you deleted the files/folders). Now you're getting a Photoshop error. 

The thing with startup script is that they (all of them) fire every time you open any of the Adobe applications, so if you take care of one, like you did, all of the others will still raise errors.

Technically deleting the folder should work, it has worked for other users. 

I wonder if the language has something to do with it. I don't recall if every user that has reported this issue has a non-English installation.

If you could try installing the English version that would be something I would try also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  @antonaair _

We are sorry for the trouble. It seems you have not deleted the folder but deleting the scripts one by one. Would you mind deleting the "Startup Scripts CC" folders from both the following locations:

Let me know how it goes afterward.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines