• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Font List from returning to top

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Hoping someone can help direct me to where I can adjust a setting so that when I am changing between fonts, I can return to the position of the current font in the font list, rather than return to the top of the list. It has only recently changed as I used to continue down the list rather than have to scroll back down through all the fonts to try the next font.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

A couple of versions ago Illustrator introduced the feature of "Recent fonts" that would appear at the top of the font list. You can set in preferences in the Type section the number of fonts that you want in this list from 1-15. Since that time the way that the font list works no longer allows for the type of scrolling from where you left off that you have described. I agree with you that I liked the earlier way that it worked better and I have tried to find a way to get it to work the way that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

what has worked for me is slecting the lettering you have typed in then clicking up in font name and using the up and down arrow keys and pushing down a bunch of times then when you go up and hit the drop down arrow it stays on what font you have selscted in the list its a pain but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. It should have come through Quickbooks. Here it is, attached.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philip Sasser

Sasser Creative

o/m: 850.255.3137

www.SasserCreative.com <http://www.sassercreative.com/>

www.facebook.com/SasserCreative <http://www.facebook.com/SasserCreative>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of clicking on the down arrow in the character box, click on the name and use the up and down arrows to scroll through the fonts. Problem with this though is when you come across a font that doesn't work with what you have written!!!  You have to press that down arrow!!!  At least this will cut out some of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also putting recent fonts to 0 in preferences seems to have worked for me!! CC 22.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked in 2019! Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me.  I have the Cloud version and in InDesign it still pops back up to the top when I'm trying to browse fonts.  AHHHHHHH! It's really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in Illustrator. I have the absolute latest version. Setting the 'RECENT FONTS' under TYPE in your Preferences allows you to continue where you left off in searching for the perfect font to compliment your design or client's request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

VER 24.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed if you use the down and up keys on your keyboard after selecting any font, it will stay in the area of the last font you were using. Even if I selected the font from the recent selection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many other issues that have been bothering me for years if not decades. [Abuse removed by moderator] fix some of the issues. Everytime I am making a logo and I want to go through my fonts this nosense behaviour shows up. Still with all the milliiiiiiiion updates you make every month you cannot fix this. It feels that I am back in computer prehistory when I use your apps. In my opinion is because you don't have serious competition ... it's like those "relaxed" people that work for the state, why to bother to make an effort. Or those hotels or restaurants near airports ... anyways the costumers are not coming back, doesn't matter there still plenty of newies still going to buy your faulty product and keep you afloat.

[Keep your language civil]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully setting the recent fonts to "0" and then *restarting* Illustrator seems to have fixed the issue! Though I have found, if a selected font does not have a name displayed in English, then when you click the drop down box again to keep searching it will start back at the top alphabetically.

Tiffani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what has worked for me is slecting the lettering you have typed in then clicking up in font name and using the up and down arrow keys and pushing down a bunch of times then when you go up and hit the drop down arrow it stays on what font you have selscted in the list its a pain but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator 27.7. I have changed the "Number of Recent Fonts" to 0, and it solved it.

I no longer see a suggested font at the top of the list.

Just wanted to say thanks and share that it worked for me. :sun_with_face:🙌

farshadsadri_0-1701014054540.png

farshadsadri_1-1701014267440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning it to 0 o recent fonts worked for me to thank you for this tip will be a time saver for sure 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Preferences/ Type, and set the number of recent fonts to 0. That worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines