• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange stars in vector graphics in Illustrator CC

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out for the life of me what these BIZARRE and OBNOXIOUS stars in my design are. It's like they're cuts into the different layers on my design, but they don't show up with paths selected and it's not an appearance panel pattern or selection.  I can't figure out how to get rid of them either.  I'm trying to work on a logo for a client, but when I go to save the graphic, they appear there too and look WORSE! I need help. I've tried quitting Illustrator, I've tried saving the file locally, I've even tried copying the work into another file and it's still there.  This is really messing with my workflow and I can't move forward because I'm constantly having to deal with this!! The only other discussion post I found was 5 years ago and there was no solution posted.  PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Fixed my own problem. If you're experiencing this, it's because you creating a swatch sample (shape other than a square with a color) and dragged it into your color swatch panel.  This turns it into a pattern swatch and therefore causes confusing chaos.  Instead, select your colors, select "new color group" in the swatch panel, and add the colors that way.  Apparently Illustrator CC 2022 is buggy like this as I've never seen this issue before and clearly (from the very little I found on the issu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my own problem. If you're experiencing this, it's because you creating a swatch sample (shape other than a square with a color) and dragged it into your color swatch panel.  This turns it into a pattern swatch and therefore causes confusing chaos.  Instead, select your colors, select "new color group" in the swatch panel, and add the colors that way.  Apparently Illustrator CC 2022 is buggy like this as I've never seen this issue before and clearly (from the very little I found on the issue) it's a unknown phenomenae.  So therein lies the solution.... I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it behave differently in Illustrator 2021? As far as I know, dragging an object to Swatches has always created a pattern swatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it did in the past, it never caused an effect for me like the one I experienced last night. Either way, solved and thank goodness it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what you'd see if you used a rounded rectangle as a swatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines