• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke Color Disappears when selecting crop?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a seamless pattern on a 3x3 inch artboard and used the clipping mask.  I select the entire pattern and go to pathfinder and select crop and then drag and drop in the swatches panel.  When I select crop the stroke color disappears.  Why is the stroke color disappearing?  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

The Crop function in the Pathfinder panel crops filled paths, and always removes strokes.

I realize that this may not answer all your questions, but I hope it's a start. Please feel free to ask as many as necessary.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, check the following video which tells you how to make a pattern...regards

https://youtu.be/n34-YmNJMrc

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video link.  I appreciate it, but I am not using the pattern tool option for this particular design.  The video only addresses the pattern tool and how to use it.  The video does not address making a seamless pattern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again when you make anything yourself first expand all effects using object > expand appearance and try again...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Crop function in the Pathfinder panel crops filled paths, and always removes strokes.

I realize that this may not answer all your questions, but I hope it's a start. Please feel free to ask as many as necessary.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines