• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke exporting transparent

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stroke that is not transparent in Illustrator but is transparent when exported. I even started over and drew a new stroke and it did the same thing. Doesn't matter what color it is. And it's only this one stroke, not others - any idea what is causing this? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the stroke and show us a screenshot of it together with the Appearance panel. Also: how do you export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported like I mostly do - as a PNG, type optimized, and a white background. I also attached a screenshot there too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please select the line and open Window > Appearance?

What does Overprint Preview show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attachment. Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stroke is set to "Overprint". In order to take that away please open the Attributes panel and uncheck Overprint stroke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it and it worked. Thank you. Is this a default setting in Illustrator? I've designed a lot in here but this is my first time encountering it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a default setting. Most of the time the setting gets applied to black artwork. So you probably had something black in the file where this setting was applied to and then you picked up those attributes and changed the color and then the setting sticked. Or maybe that line used to be black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is sticky, once applied to a stroke it will be applied to subsequent stroke, even if the color was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. I'll know how to fix from now on. Learned something new today. Thanks y'all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines