• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke weight preview looks strange when i set the weight under 0.125pt (for CutContour lines)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know if this is a bug... 

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

"Is this my graphics card being outdated?"

Not exactly. It's that your GPU is doing screen redraws as fast as it can to speed things up. One of the ways they do this is to output at higher flatness settings, which takes less processing time, but ALL curves, no matter what, are made by drawing tiny straight lines, and some GPUs aren't very good at finding the right balance between speed and accuracy, hence it will make some curves out of longer straight segments. Rest assured though, the ACTUAL d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it look different if you use View on CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, looks normal in that preview. Is this my graphics card being outdated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is this my graphics card being outdated?"

Not exactly. It's that your GPU is doing screen redraws as fast as it can to speed things up. One of the ways they do this is to output at higher flatness settings, which takes less processing time, but ALL curves, no matter what, are made by drawing tiny straight lines, and some GPUs aren't very good at finding the right balance between speed and accuracy, hence it will make some curves out of longer straight segments. Rest assured though, the ACTUAL document is created using the CPU so your file itself is not screwed up; it's just a screen draw issue.

If you are on a PC, make sure you have the latest driver available for your card that is designed for Graphics (some GPUs used for gaming will have Gaming-specific drivers designed to optimize that use in addition to a regular Graphics driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - my card is really old - and I was waiting for the "supply chain" issues to upgrade - i guess I have reached my max amount of use for this 8-year-old card. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines