Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stubborn Illustrator Temporary Files

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After a little searching, I see I'm not alone with Illustrator leaving temporary files in folders which won't delete due to 'permissions'.

I've checked my server access with our IT and it's all good there (even trying a new one) and still the files won't delete. Has anything been pinpointed with this problem, as we're wasting server space with these files, as I have to move to the server Mac to delete them - which doesn't always happen as I'd be up and down like a yo-yo.

I'm reluctant to disable the autosave/recovery, as it's saved me a few crucial times in the past, so is there anything else I can do?!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

This is an issue with Mac OS and Windows servers. We have the same issue.

With each upgrade Mac OS makes it worse with the security settings.

Adobe's official position is to not work directly off a network share.

Work locally then drag over to the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with Mac OS and Windows servers. We have the same issue.

With each upgrade Mac OS makes it worse with the security settings.

Adobe's official position is to not work directly off a network share.

Work locally then drag over to the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks – do you mean issues *between* Macs and Windows servers, or servers (Mac or Windows) in general? We have a Mac server here. Seems like an odd response from Adobe, as I'd imagine many studios run with work on a shared server?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be an issue on any network/externally connected drive. Mac or Windows. It's worse on a Windows connection due to the protocols or third party connectors. The issue has always been Mac IMO. Lately the new OS updates have been more aggressive with locking files due to the Finder.

Some things to try: Force Quit/Relaunch your Finder (resets connection), unmount/remount the server, turn of column view previews, don't quick preview (spacebar) your files. This doesn't fix the issue but it definitely helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines