• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck with 1 tool after a while. Can't select another neither by clicking in them or using shortcuts

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some time using Illustrator, I got stucked with a random tool.  I can't change tools neither by using shortcuts or clicking their icons in the toolbar.

I can't identify a pattern or why and how this issue starts.

I just got stuck with a random tool. I can only solve it by restarting my computer.

Adobe Illustrator v25.0

Windows 10 x64

Dell G15 7588-A40

16GB RAM

NVidia GTX1060 (8GB)

Wacom Intuos Pro M (I'm pretty sure it's not a wacom issue since I still have this problem using a mouse instead of using a pen/tablet.)

My drivers are updated and so are all Adobe Creative Cloud apps I have installed in this PC.

Anyone had this issue? Help would be very appreciated since I'm on a short deadline.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try resetting preferences of the app and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

If it does not help, try removing the Wacom drivers from your machine. Once done, try working on the app. Let us know if it makes any difference. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem also on a Mac and haven't found a solution yet - including resetting preferences, but I can escape from the 'tool-lock' by saving and/or clicking into the finder and back again.

It's so randomly frustrating - it can be evert 10 seconds or every 10 minutes and I can't work out just what causes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care. They might need to take a look into your system https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines