• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG Export Not Accrate to Layout

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read a lot of various posts, help articles, and performed INternet searched but I cannot figure this out. Problem: I have created artwork and I want to export it to an SVG. But when opened both in a browser and in Illustrator the image has shifted a lot. I have tried all combinations of export options and it does not fix it. I uploaded both a PNG to see how it shoud be and the SVG result. Advise please?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Hello @Syeds,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • Since when are you facing this problem?
  • Is it acting this way with just this file? Would it be possible for you to share the download link to the Ai file here or via DM so we can check on our end?

Also, you may try using the option for Save As SVG instead of Export and share your observations with us. Additionally, try ungrouping the objects a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Syeds,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • Since when are you facing this problem?
  • Is it acting this way with just this file? Would it be possible for you to share the download link to the Ai file here or via DM so we can check on our end?

Also, you may try using the option for Save As SVG instead of Export and share your observations with us. Additionally, try ungrouping the objects and trying to export as an SVG.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ver: 26.2.1 64bit

getting an issue when using exporting SVG options

Not sure why my reply to this is not showing up. I fixed it by doing a "Save as a copy" There are so many options to export/save it is sometimes frustrating getting the right combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have linked a much simpler AI file. As you can see the exported SVG file shifts up/top when viewed in a browser. https://www.dropbox.com/s/db84a8uehridul9/naep-access-icons.ai?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try and input a higher Decimals value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I went up to 4. How high should I go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than 5 is not possible in Export for screens and won't make any change in Save as

https://bjango.com/articles/svgpassthroughprecision/

Your only chance is to enlarge the objects (and the file dimensions) if 5 is not sufficient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines