• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatches library in a new document and gradient

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I work on a new document, I don't see my saved swatches in a panel, they instantly go to the library, and from where I need to open it again. But some swatches stay old when I open a new document. Why is there a difference? Im new to illustrator and read about swatched-in info, but I can't find information about it. I usually use the same color mode, so there should be any difference in the color code. 

My swatches went to user-defined, but how can I make it permanent in the panel and update it?

Second- While I open my gradient tool and want to change colors, I don't see colors from my swatches. Why?

Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Hello @elimelart,

Thanks for reaching out. I would request you try the steps shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-to-show-library-swatches-in-the-swatches-window/m-p/9173829#M54486) to make your swatches persistent and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @elimelart,

Thanks for reaching out. I would request you try the steps shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-to-show-library-swatches-in-the-swatches-...) to make your swatches persistent and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks! I looked at other posts, but! Every time I make a new file or open JPG, even ordinary swatches are missing. I tried to change my persistent swatches, which I moved to another section, but I can't change them later. It's really frustrating that so many popular and paid programs can't deal with basic design. About the link- I can't save them as profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you create a new file using Illustrators File > New dialog, you will get the swatches that are defined in the preset you choose to base the new document on (Print, Art & Illustration ...). If you create a new document by opening an image like a jpeg, you won't get swatches because the jpeg does not (cannot) contain swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines