• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatches panel list view

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator version 2023. In swatches planel list view, I can no longer keep black, white, none and registration at top. That was so convenient. Why? How do I get this back? I am currently working in RGB, I sorted colors by color name. Now I want my colors to be in the order helpful to my design. How do I accomplish this?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your image, it looks like swatches you added appear above the black/white/reg swatches. I just checked here, and my added swatches still show up below black/white/reg, as they always have. Minor interface niggles like this often clear up with a preferences reset. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried preferences reset. To get around my problem, I made several Color Groups and added desired swatches to those. This then placed white, black, regrestration and none at top. But I now have an even more frustrating problem.

Within those Color Groups, I now have hundreds of colors all sorted nicely. Then I added a gradiated swatch and ALL my Color Groups and all my other swatches disappeared. I have fiddled with the swatches panel to no avail. Do you know what I can do to recover from this disaster? I am a windows version. Can the Pantone changes have caused glitches in the swatches panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not reset preferences. I sorted all colors into color groups and titled the groups. Now B, W and Registration are at top. I never had suh a problem with the swatch panel before. It is resolved for now. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least Registration and None should be at the top when sorting by name (I'm on a Mac, German  version, German system - if that makes a difference)

But White and black are not special in this regard. And I test CC2017, which worked the same way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you saw in my illustration they were not. 

To get around my problem, I made several Color Groups and added desired swatches to those. This then placed white, black, regrestration and none at top. But I now have an even more frustrating problem. Within those Color Groups, I now have hundreds of colors all sorted nicely. Then I added a gradiated swatch and ALL my Color Groups and all my other swatches disappeared. I have fiddled with the swatches panel to no avail. Do you know what I can do to recover from this disaster? I am a windows version. Can the Pantone changes have caused glitches in the swatches panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Pantone just pulled their libraries out. Nothing was changed in the behaviour of the swatches panel. What language are you using? Anything special set up in your alphabetical order on your system?

Probably your Illustrator preferences went south. So resetting them should be an option.  ALso: you are rebooting your system (not just Illustrator, but the computer itself) regularly, right?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lv/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines