• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols disapear if I do nearly anything

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to break apart some art work inside a template into pannels to print for a vehicle wrap. The art work utilized the symbol sprayer tool and everytime I try to copy or move the artwork the symbols disapear and wont come back until I restart the program without saving. I eventually figured out if I avoid copying or moving the file I can create my panel clipping mask in place and I can still see the symbols, but when I save the pannel and open it as a PDF the symbols disapear in the PDF. I am mildly panicking as I need this printed 3 hours ago. Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some more googleing I have updated my drivers and even opened Illustrator from Geforce Experiance after rebooting which did nothing. I have also tried from an older version of illustrator  which also did nothing. This is incredibly frustrating. is there a way to contact adobe directly. This has now eaten 4 hours of my day which has put my design costs through the roof on this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tried it on a seperate computer to no avail. Is there a setting I am missing that will make this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to expand the symbols into separate shapes first?

If someone went ga ga with the symbol sprayer it's very possible that the file size/memory usage is huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you expand the symbols into seperate shapes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select those symbol instances and then Object > Expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when I do this all my symbols turn to little + marks and the symbols themselves disapear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check in the Symbols panel > Symbol Options... and see if the symbol is Static or Dynamic?

If Dynamic, try if changing to Static helps. Static symbols require less file space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every adjustment I do to the symbol settings makes them disapear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines