Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols Folder

May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a late Septuagenarian I have been an Illustrator aficionado for several decades, and love working in it. But if there is one thing I would love to see added to the program, it would be the ability for users to add folder(s) inside the Symbols Folder. Maybe some day…

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

That kind of feature requests are best made here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind of feature requests are best made here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding a folder here

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Presets\en_US\Symbol

(Mac location is similar)

then restartng Illustrator (as those settings are loaded into Ram upon Ilustrator start)

Thought you could do that as I know for certain you can for scripts & swatches color books. I am at work, so don't have admin rights to test out, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, Mike, but I am totally inept when it comes to that kind of thing. I was hoping for something simple so a simpleton like myself could quickly do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are going to do a feature request, I would also mention the Brushes palette, the Graphic Styles palette, the Paragraph Styles palette and the Character Styles palette. In all of them adding the ability to create folders (and even subfolders) would be pretty useful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines