• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template Proofing - Pasting, Aligning, & Scaling

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are wanting to start proofing on a more professional looking template at my shop. We have our template designed already and there is a space we are wanting to show our proofs in. We're a pretty small and quite busy shop so we are hoping there is a way to quickly Screenshot our artwork, Paste it into our template and have it Center itself in our given space and Scale itself proportionatly for the space. 

I've seen other forums and discussions using script to paste or bring over full Ai files. We are more looking for the quick-fix option right now with the screenshots. 

Also, when it comes to Illustrator Scripting, I am very new and don't know much if anything about it. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to show some examples of what you want to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monkia, 

Here are some images of the template we have. 

What we are wanting is to be able to simply paste a screenshot into the proof area here and have it center itself in that space and have it scale itself in that space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at your example, I see that there will be some editing necessary for each client.

Maybe you could use the Placement options in the Links panel.

If you create a folder for each client proof with the template that has a linked image named proof with the Placement options set to Fit when replaced.

Save the .ai file,  delete the linked image and duplicate the folder with the .ai file for each client.

Then drop the proof image in that folder, give it the name proof (the name of the linked file that Illustrator expects).

When you open the file the image will be replaced.

Placement options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines