• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEMPLATES

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOES THIS HAVE ANY TEMPLATES? THE TUTORIALS REALLY DONT EXPLAIN ANYTHING. I FEEL LIKE I NEED A DEGREE JUST TO USE THIS SOFTWARE. REGARDLESS OF IT SAYING IT WS SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS TO EXPERTS. I CANT DRAW ANYTHING SO I NEED TEMPLATES AND THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT. I CANT EVEN DRAW A STRAIGHT LINE WITH MY DRAWING PAD LET ALONE AN IMAGE

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not post All-Caps.

That corresponds to shouting and is therefore considered impolite. 

»DOES THIS HAVE ANY TEMPLATES?«

Templates for what? 

»I CANT DRAW ANYTHING«

Please explain and post meaningful screenshots. 

Which Tool are you using? What are the Fill and Stroke settings? 

Edit: »THE TUTORIALS REALLY DONT EXPLAIN ANYTHING«

Which tutorials are you referring to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has nothing to do with finding shapes and templates to use. I CAN’T DRAW!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely no reason to yell at someone who's trying to help you. c.pfaffenbichler asking question to better help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Tool are you using when trying to draw? The Pen Tool, the Paintbrush Tool, the Pencil Tool, …? 

What are the Fill and Stroke settings? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Application Bar, Appearance, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commend you c.pfaffenbichler, you're a better person than I am...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your second post within a day or two about how this software is not what you expected, and how it is not working for you. Did you just come here to vent, or would you like some help in learning how to get the results you are trying for? 

If you post a scan of a rough sketch of what you are trying to achieve, there are a lot of experienced people here ready and willing to help.

If you are just here to vent, say so, and we will leave you to it. - Also note: if this is the case, and if you are still within the trial period, you may be able to get a refund, since this is clearly not the program for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need objects to start from and modify. I can’t find any. The object button literally does nothing. I’d like it if they actually had tutorials like advertised. I want real resources to learn I’m not going to graphic arts school to make marketing materials for my company. The tutorials only show experienced individuals doing things but not explaining how they do it.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't use google to find marketing material then how about this - voxillustration.co if your co can bear (bare?) to spend $49. I've never used them, know nothing about them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are vector graphics available on stock websites. Even vor free, such as: https://stock.adobe.com/de/free

(you have to carefully check out the licence if it covers the use of this material as a logo)

As you have already noticed, creating artwork requires a skilled person to invest a lot of time. Everyone of them wants to get paid in order to afford their rent and good things to eat and enjoy their life.

There are some objects in Illustrator in the symbols libraries. Other than that you have to search for free vector artwork elsewhere. Or you have to buy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to afford rent and I can’t do that paying an artist $250 an hour.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t do that paying an artist $250 an hour.
By @colton5F8B

I don't know who told you about the 250$, but no artist will charge a mom and pop business that amount for the hour. Those that typically charge this amount won't probably accept the job. Others will happily charge you an amount that is within your budget.

But apart from that: you have now been testing several software packages. You have even subscribed to Illustrator. You have searched for tutorials and you have searched for stock art. How much time did you invest? Like 10 hours? 15 hours? How much is your time worth to you? You could probably already have your logo ready to use had you just commissioned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No everyone wanted way too much money and I only got a couple examples to choose from. Not worth it without a guarantee I’ll get one I like. Honestly with all the marketing problems I’m having, I’ll probably just close my business.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"with all the marketing problems I’m having, I’ll probably just close my business"

Best advice on this whole thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want things to modify, take a look at your preferred stock image site.

I hate to break it to you, but you bought software for creating illustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and didn’t receive any templates. I’ve got about ten different softwares and don’t like any of them. Guess I’ll just have to eat poop with a smile on my face like I always

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even modifying existing vector graphics is going to take some learning. You have to be willing to learn. There are hundreds of thousands of tutorials out there as we as free vector files, as Monika pointed out. Don't look for "templates", just look for vector graphics. But a lot of these vector graphics are created by professionals, so editing them will take some knowledge about the software and how they were created. But the ability to draw is not a requirement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I’ll search vector graphics. I’m so frustrated with all of this. I just want a good business logo. Doesn’t feel like I’m asking for that much

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colton5F8B wrote:
I just want a good business logo. Doesn’t feel like I’m asking for that much

As I have said - show us some rough sketches of what you have in mind, and you may get some help in how to create it. Illustrator is not a push-button software; it will take some time to learn how to do what you want.   

If you don't have the time or inclination to learn,and are unwilling to pay a seasoned professional to do it, then pay someone on fiver or some such site, but be aware that you get what you pay for, so don't expect champagne on a light-beer budget. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t sketch anything on this computer. I’m bad enough with pen and paper

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sketch the concept on paper, and scan or photograph it. 

Every logo has to start wtih a concept - otherwise it's just meaningless shapes and lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t draw at all

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just learn to use the software or pay someone to do it for you..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of hard when they aren’t providing me with the tools to learn

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of hard when they aren’t providing me with the tools to learnSent from my iPhone
By @colton5F8B

Who's 'they'? The manual is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines