• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Alignment

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I was wondering if someone could help as I am really struggling with this. I am making a logo, and I need to align two titles, one on top of the other. However, my problem is that there is a space between the end of the text and the text box, which I cannot seem to control. This is annoying because when I align the text, it is obviously considering the gap at the end of the text box. Therefore, it is never really aligned properly I was just wondering if anyone had a solution. Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if they were both in the same frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thank you for your response. I gave your idea a try. However, there is a gap at the start of the text as well as shown in the screenshot. I understand this might just be down to my choice of fonts, but I just wanted to see if anyone actually had a solution. Thanks again.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 13.01.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens because of the particular font. The width of the letter is built into the font. You could set the cursor to the left of the letter and then enter negative tracking to move a letter (and the foloowing ones as well) to the left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imho Illy is not the greatest at handling live text manipulation, so whenever I'm doing finicky alignments with text I either paste live text onto the canvas (i.e. off the artboard) and outline artboard text, or save a separate files with live text and outlined. (I don't like to use only outline text, as I'm bound to come back to this file in a years time and not remember what the fonts were!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this

1. Go to preferences and check "Use preview bonds"

2. Select your text with the selection tool

3. Go to Effect - Path - Outline object

4. Now you can use the align panel to align as you want even to a guide, the text keeps editable and you can disable  the effect at any time, no need to convert to outlines

MarioArizmendi_0-1676044904457.png

MarioArizmendi_1-1676045009832.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines