• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TEXT KEEPS REPEATING FROM PREVIOUS SELECTED LETTERS

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I experienced this fault for a while, it only happens on MacOS - Adobe Illustrator. I include a video in this post for you to see. When I select "123" to change into "abc" and then select "456" to change into "def", the "abc" appears in front of "def". Any idea what happened and how to fix that? Thank you

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please specify the exact version of Illustrator and which version of macOS? Please also specify which font you are working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is MacOS Ventura 13.3 and Illustrator 27.4 but as I remembered I experienced this white long ago since 2019, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the font you are working with, too. Did you apply character or pargraph styles to your text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to all fonts that I used with or without the styles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you rebooted the computer?

Also: do you have any clipboard enhancing system extensions installed?

Any extended autocorrect tools? Anything that messes with keyboard input?

Illustrator is not compatible with many of them. Some of them might ectually be part of the functionality of other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I also think it is related to temporary cache or clipboard etc but I turned off autocorrect and do not install any extended. I switched from iMac to Mac Studio and it still happens. So desperate. Thank you very much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There might be some additional keyboard support present in the accessiblitiy sections of the system extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines